Saturday, December 3, 2011

Keep Shoveling, Bitches

Snow. More of it fell, last night and on and off, all day today. Patrick and later, William, too kept it cleared pretty nicely. The snow finally stopped just before sunset and the clouds parted, the sun came out and the temperature started dropping. Rapidly. By the time it was dusk, it was in the mid twenties, out there. Brrr! It shoudl be well and truly frozen solid out there, in the morning.

It is supposed to be clear and sunny and warm into the forties, so the ice that is everywhere, right now should melt in pretty short order.

You know... I wouldn't bitch so much about the snow so much if we didn't live on the side of a hill. Seriously, what I woldn't give to have a short, level driveway on a well plowed street.


Patrick is shoveling, looking as if he is about to go sliding down our steep drive on all that ice while William leans on his shovel, goofing around on his BlackBerry.  (That's our neighbour's car. The obnoxious smoker on the balcony one.)

The view off of my front balcony, looking off to the right. The sun was just beginning to set and gold and pink and coral light were beginning to flood the landscape.

This is looking off to the left, you can see Willow Creek Road, snaking along in the distance.  I loved how everything was overwhelmed with gold from the rapidly sinking sun, here.


Patrick, shoveling madly. He really wanted to get done and come in and warm up. lol

This one looks much better, enlarged, as yu can actually see more detail. Shooting right into the sun is never a good idea, but I still had to try it. It just makes me crazy that my camera doesn't capture what my eyes see.

I love the colours of the setting sun on snow.

Patrick, surveying his hard work as the sun gets ready to sink below the hill below it. It was already in the twenties when this photograph was taken and in spite of all of the snow clearing activities, the drive was slicked with ice. Landlord needs to provide that snow melter stuff. It would make the drive so much safer. 

Did you know that Washington Irving was the first author to describe Santa as fat and jolly? I imagine that he would describe me as fat and bitchy.

I am tired, tense and my head hurts and I think I am going to make it an early-ish night. I am looking forward to hitting the sack, tonight.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots! Luckily no snow here...TC wants some though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lobe all the photos you take and post. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi, TC is welcome to our snow! lol He wants it and I want it gone. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Becki. You are very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! I don't envy for guys having to shovel the driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its hard for me to read this post. 1) because its my first time here and i LOVE the winter wonderlandy blog layout you have and 2) because I keep wanting to stare at the pretty snow filled photos you took.. so pretty <3 glad to have found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. new follower :) I'm in Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D