Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy June and All That Shit and... Oh Yeah... BYOC

So, June has arrived. Summer is here, for all intents and purposes and I still can't wear shorts. My own fucking fault and that is all I am going to say about that, right now.

I think that I did better blogging, last month and I am going too do even better, this month. I really allowed myself too neglect this part of my life routine this year and I am pissed at myself for it. I need to do this, even if it is just a few words or a music video or to pop in really quick and vent my spleen at what a dick Mitt Romney is being. Well, maybe I'll leave the political type rants out of it... This blog is supposed to be a fairly neutral place, but it is an election year...;P :D

Speaking of music videos...



A little something to listen to while I open the doors to my nuthouse. :D


 Okay, let's do BYOC, shall we?


1. Are you a daily purse switcher, an often purse buyer or a one purse kind of woman? What factors influence your purse buying?

This is a sore subject with me. I love handbags. I love beautiful materials, lovely design and the smell of fine leather when I carry a great bag. Sadly, I just don't have the money to indulge my passion. I do have one really "good" bag and a mid level bag that I have carried right into the ground. I would own a room full of gorgeous purses, if I could afford them. And, if I had them then I would swatch them up frequently. I believe that beautiful things should be used, not locked away. I have just a couple of nice bags, right now and I switch back and forth between them, from time to time. 

My budget definitely influences my purse buying. lol

 2. What’s your favorite board game?
 I love Battleship. I almost never lose. I have a natural knack for strategy and I can tap into that to sink all of your battleships. And I do. Swiftly. Ruthlessly. :D

3. Are you a sore loser who throws fits or a gracious winner? Are you competitive?

I am very competitive. I like to win and I enjoy the hell out of triumph. But I don't over celebrate or rub your nose in it. I am highly annoyed by all of the over celebrating you see in professional team sports, these days. Fireworks and dogpiles after a routine, mid season win? Teebowing? Really???? Please. Get over yourselves and be professionals and save the big rah-rah's for championships.

I am a very good sport and can be honestly gracious in defeat. I don't claim to be a paragon of perfection, by any means, I feel the sting of defeat just as sharply as anyone but I am capable of compartmentalizing it and being lovely to the person who just kicked my ass.

Unless it was at Battleship. Then you die. ;)

 4. Tell us something you are afraid of that is a physical item…like spiders, deep water, heights, snakes, thunderstorms, first dates, childbirth, etc.

Heights. I am absolutely terrified of heights. Just seeing the look down on TV or in a movie can freak me out and leave me sitting there petrified and frozen. If I see someone on TV being compelled to "face their fear" and bunjy jump or repel or something equally horrifying, I sit there, shaking and crying and hoping that they don't die. I will balk at the top of a strange staircase, grab the bannister and have to nerve myself up to take that first step down. It took me months to get comfortable with the stairs in my own home and I still get jittery of them, even tho I am up and down them over and over every day. I can't be in the vicinity of those stairs in the dark, as I am convinced that I will fall if I take a step. I grab the wall and just hang there, frozen, unable to move for fear I will die. Going up in a tall building is an ordeal for me, I can't go near windows if I am above the second floor, rooftops and glass enclosed indoor or outdoor elevators are unthinkable. Ladders? No freaking way and don't even ask me to climb up on a chair and change a light bulb. 

Want to hear something insane?  I love roller coasters and flying. Phobias are about perception of danger and I feel safe in roller coasters and airplanes. 

I am also creeped out by spiders, tho I can wade in and make them buy the farm if they dare darken my door. But I do it shuddering and squealing the entire time. And clowns creep me out. Big time. Clowns are nasty things and they need to just go away.

5. I am going to ask my own question, this time... What would you say to your fourteen year old self?

It wasn't your fault. You have the right to release it. 

And... stay fearless. Don't ever lose that. Don't give it away and allow yourself to become so limited. You will live to regret it. 

 How the fuck do I get my font back to normal after copy and pasting the BYOC questions? I can change the colour but I can't get rid of the bold to save my worthless life. Gah! So stupid.

I love the cocktail inspired Crystal Light. I have the Appletini and I really like it. Now I need to get the other two flavours. Methinks I will enjoy them as well. 

Great. I have to pee, again.

Stupid water, anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Crap! I forgot about clowns!! Hellz yeah they are scary. : ) Damn Stephen King and "It" for making me fear them. Damn you Pennywise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent the last 10-15 years(!) not wearing shorts because I have a rare skin disease that covers my shins but this year, I finally broke down and bought two pairs. I DO get looks from people but it is SO much more comfortable. For goodness sake, you live in the hottest state in America and you should be able to wear shorts whenever and wherever you want. Just my two cents E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear shorts around the house. I do were capris in public though. But, I have a tennis skirt I just bought and I'm gonna wear it, cellulite be damned!!

    I used to have a phobia with needles. I would go ballistic for just a pin prick on my finger when I was a kid. I got over it with hypnosis. Yep, sure did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like a cute purse but I refuse to pay more than $20 for one.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D