1. Name a Valentine gift you would NOT want to receive.
Herpes.(Hey, you asked. :P) An appliance. Clothes. A bottle of body wash... You get the idea. STDs and normal, everyday type items are off limits when it comes to pressies.
2. What’s your vacation personality? Do you act/eat/talk/do things differently or completely opposite from when you are not on vacation?
I go into total chill mode. I let go of all responsibility and thought of the everyday and I throw myself completely into relaxing, enjoying myself and letting others do the cooking, cleaning and fretting.
A vacay sounds really, really nice, right about now...
3. Describe yourself in 5 POSITIVE words.
4. Do you have any phobias or irrational fears or dislikes?
I am absolutely phobic about heights. We are talking freak out just seeing high places on TV or in a movie. I have been known to panic and nearly pass out at the top of an unfamiliar flight of stairs (imagine how fun it is to live in a home with a staircase. I am still nervous when I hit the top of the stairs to go down. And my room is, you guessed it... Downstairs.) and can't bear even standing on a dining chair. Glass walled elevators are unthinkable, I can't handle them. I can't be near a window on any floor above the ground floor of a building and forget about stepping out on a roof. Not going to happen.
I am afraid of the dark and I sleep with a light on.
Clowns creep me out. Totally. Creep. Me. Out. *shudder*
5. Have you ever bought undies/bra/lingerie for someone else? Or has anyone ever bought them for you? How was the “experience”?
Nope. I don't buy undies for others (if you don't count picking up packages of Hanes or Fruit of the Loom for my guys) and I don't want others doing so for me. I have very specific tastes in undies and "sizing issues" and have no wish to inflict them on someone else.
6. Do you have an internal song you replay in your head that is just yours?
Aside from the odd earworm? Yeah, this one:
Hey, don't judge me. lolol
7. I heard on the news the other day that something like 80% of people think a tan person is way sexier than “not tan”. How do you feel about that? Do you tan? Fake bake? Real sun? Or do you wear SPF 150?
Okay, I admit it, I like to be tanned. Not leathery, old suitcase dark brown (I am not trashing people who are naturally dark brown, so stand down! I am stating my preference for my own skin.) but a nice, sun kissed glow? Yeah. I dig it. I usually end up with a mix of natural and applied tan in warmer weather.
I can't just slap on any old sun protection or cosmetic that claims to have SPF as I am allergic to chemical sunscreens. I have to use a naturally sourced, mineral sunblock. Those products are effective, tho I do tan some through them and they are stupid expensive. I know that my skin is more important than my budget but I often save money and get golden.
Shopping for makeup is a lot of fun, let me tell you. I have to carry a list of chemical sunscreen ingredients with me and scrutinize each and every label of each and every item I buy. No ingredients list? No buy, no use. I wish that cosmetics companies would stop putting chemical SPF in almost every-fucking-thing they release! I honestly believe that a lot of problems people have with their skin; redness, breakouts, itchiness and so forth is because they are sensitive to the highly irritating sunscreen ingredients packed into everything from moisturizer to lip balm to leave in hair conditioners.
Not that I am ranting, or anything...
8. Do you vote in the presidential election? Do you vote based on news, family opinions or research or your gut?
Yes, I vote. I don't vote based on news or family opinion or other external factors. I vote my conscience and my gut. Yes, that usually ends up with me voting down my party line, but not always.
And that is as far as I am willing to discuss anything political on this blog.
9. Do you have any odd little OCD-ish quirks?
I don't like odd numbers, so I had to add an extra question to this BYOC to end on an even number. I also like things balanced, symmetrical, even. I think that is one reason why I like more traditional, formal decor. Contemporary decor tends to be too off balance to please my eye and brain and my sense of what is right.
10. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.
Yeah. I'll get right on that. :P