Sunday, January 1, 2012

Busy Day


I saw this on Tumblr. 

Boy, am I tired. William and I took down the Christmas decorations and put them away then the cleaning began. Every January First after the Christmas stuff comes down, we go on a cleaning frenzy. Bathrooms get scrubbed from top to bottom, the furniture gets moved and vacuumed behind and under, the sofas are vacuumed to remove pet hair and dust, all hard furniture is polished by hand, hard floors mopped and polishes, stairs vacuumed, ceiling fans cleaned, every inch of broadloom, including edges vacuumed. I keep a clean and tidy house but it is nice to start the New Year with everything fresh and sparkling clean. It was a perfect day to air out the house, it was warm enough to throw the windows open and enjoy fresh air. Lovely.

After the house was all done, William helped me assemble my new nail polish storage cubes. What an adventure that was. The first one was a huge pain in the ass because we had no idea how to go about putting them together. Once we got the first one together, the second was a snap and we had that one up in a fraction of the time the first one took. I got them downstairs in my sanctuary and sorted and stashed my polish. And found that I need one more. I don't know if I should be bothered by that, or not. Probably not. Some people buy shoes, some buy cars, I buy nail polish. And makeup.

Urban Decay recently marked down their Book of Shadows IV palette. From $69.00 to $44.00. I had my greedy eyes on that baby since the first rumblings hit the blogs last Summer but seventy bucks for a shadow palette, no matter how pretty is a little more than I can be spending. But I can do forty-four. I can't wait to receive it. I have the Naked and Naked2 Palettes on my wishlist. I had the 15th Anniversary palette on my wishlist as well  My little heart is broken. When I couldn't afford it, it was everywhere. Now that I had the money to get it, it is gone, forever. I haz a sad. *shrug* Other pretties will come along.

I have an unscratched lottery ticket sitting on my little side table. As long as I don't scratch it, I am $50,000 richer. When William asked me which ticket I wanted, yesterday when he was buying his lottery tickets (I buy polish and makeup, he buys lottery tickets) I just had a feeling and pointed to the ticket I now have. Yeah. I liked it because it is sparkly. Sue me. And I just had a feeling. I am sure that that feeling was just the buzz from the grande skinny peppermint mocha I had just gulped. I seriously doubt that ticket will render anything but a few minutes of scratching and trying to match letters and words.

William keeps opening the window at night. It's nice, but it isn't that fucking nice. I am so sick of him being too hot and freezing my ass out of the house. He isn't the only one in here.

I need to find a new background for this blog. I am over this one. 

3 comments:

  1. You crack me up, I love it! Also... love nail polish storage!! Lucky girl!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Holy cleaning! Please come to my house now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you think-I hope that sparkly ticket is a fat winner & you buy yourself copious amounts of makeup!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D