Saturday, July 30, 2011

BYOC Saturday

Hey, everyone. How'z tricks? It is as hot and humid as the devil's ass crack again, today and I am sooo over Monsoon Season. Glargh! "nuff Summer, already. I am thinking that Autumn would be a nice idea, right about now.

I am going to do BYOC today, since I didn't get here, yesterday.

1.  Sun or rain?  Roses or tulips?  Romantic movie or comedy?



Duh! Rain. Always. I love rain. I live for dark, grey, rainy days and the sound of rain at night is better than any sleeping pill on the planet, it will put me right into the best, most peaceful sleep. I am convinced that I really should be living in Seattle. :D


Tulips, please. Don't get me wrong, I love roses but tulips are my favourite flower. 


How about a romantic comedy? 


2.  I've been sick lately and haven't eaten in two days - except for ice cream...which leads me to ask - what's your favorite ice cream flavor?


Dark chocolate swirled with caramel. Or coffee swirled with caramel. Aw, hell. Who am I kidding? Any ice cream swirled with caramel is going to qualify. :P


3.  Are you a door locker - in your house and car?


I am not a door locker. I never have been. I have lived out in the boondocks in houses that didn't even have locks on the doors. Even when I lived in the city, I wasn't all that careful about locking up and I still am not. I figure that if someone is really bound and determined to get into my house or car, they are going to do it, locks or no. 


William is like Rambo; if there is a lock on something, it is bolted down tight. William will actually follow me around, locking exterior doors and car doors after me. lol


4.  In the spirit of my being sick and wanting to die - tell me your "go to remedies" for when you are sick?


Poor Drazzie. 


I gulp gallons of hot soup and tea when I am sick. I can't tolerate cold stuff when I have a sore throat, anything I consume must be super hot. I know... Weird. :P  I down Advil by the bottle and I make sure to constantly swill water to keep myself hydrated. I have read that hydration helps you beat a virus faster and I am all for getting well fast, as I hate being sick. I wear whatever is soft, comfy and will make me feel cocooned and pampered. I have very specific demands for comfort items and as soon as I feel the first watery sniffle, the first stab of discomfort in my throat, they must be fully stocked up and ready to go. 


I need stimulation when I am sick. I am not one of those people who will lie in bed in a quiet room and suffer in silence. Oh, no. Not I. I have to be in the living room, surrounded by my comfort items, have my TV going, my 'puter on my lap, my phone close at hand. I want my family to dance attendance on me and I want everyone in a five mile radius to be painfully aware of just how horribly I am suffering. I want sympathy, I want to be waited on, petted, pampered and cosseted. 


I love to shop online when I am sick. Knowing that I am getting pressies is one of the best home remedies I can think of. :D


5.  Repeat question:  Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.


In blogland, I am doing better to post more regularly. And read everyone, too. I suck at commenting. I know this. I am well adjusted about it, tho. ;P


In real life, I suck. Seriously. Frost Princess has been in control and the chips and popcorn have ruled my life for the past few days. As has bread. What the fuck was it about bread? Gah! But I am back on track, this morning and hoping that Frost Princess has had enough fun and is ready to stay away. I seriously need to get my shit together. I have been screwing around and losing like a loser (not a Biggest Loser) for almost a year, now. I should be close to if not under the 200 pound mark, by now. And, if I weren't such an self indulgent dumbass I would be. Totally my own fault. 


William had to work, this morning. Why the techs on call can't handle this is beyond my understanding. But, oh well. Overtime is our friend. And it gets him out of my hair. Always a bonus. *is evil*


I am wired on too much coffee. I love it. :D



5 comments:

  1. Good God - I could have written that part about being sick. We are so alike. I'm so happy to see you posting - it truly makes my day. I can't wait to see how this new migraine preventive med works so I can tell you all about it so you can take it too! I love you IQ. Oh and um - I know you don't want to put your email on your comments so how about making a generic Icequeen@yahoo.com email or something just for us bloggers who are dying to reply to your AWESOME comments? You think? Ok - shutting up now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah!! Frost Princess needs to find her way to the devils ass crack and just melt away. Shouldn't have to deal with both extremes, to my way of thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cat picture, that's how I feel sometimes. Just chillin like it's nobody's business and thinking - I should lose some weight, I should work out, I should get my hand out of this bag of Doritos. You've come so far dear, don't quit now!

    http://missapril-30before30.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erika. I am a new Follower. I was banded on 5/27/11 and am very interested in reading about others journeys whiel I am blogging about mine.
    I am interested in back reading and getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog this morning through Jack Sh*it! Very excited to read more, but I laughed out loud at your answer about the locking of the doors. I have never lived out in the "boondocks", but I have also never been a fan of locking doors...probably because I lose my keys too often and then how the hell am I supposed to get IN??? I have married, however, an avid door locker who very literally follows me around. And gets angry when he locks an f'in door and I find myself locked out of something. Bastard. Think he does it on purpose?

    happy to "meet" you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D