Saturday, May 19, 2012

BYOC... A Day Late But Better Late Than Never

1. What religion were you raised as a child, if any, and are you still a member of that faith today? Why or why not?

I wasn't raised in any particular faith. The whole thing is a little convoluted, what with various influences, this, that and the other but the upshot is I was left to do my own searching and make my own decision. Something for which I am deeply grateful because when I did develop my faith (if you want to call it that) it came from the conviction of my heart and the Holy Spirit, not because it was drummed ruthlessly into me from infancy. 

 2. Do you have an all time favorite candy or do you change favorites often?

One word: Caramel. 

   3. Are you a green thumb? Do you landscape your yard or plant any flowers or a garden? Do you pay someone to do it for you? Do you not plant a single thing?

I am a ruthless murderer of all things living and green and leafy and flowery. Well... Not all things. I have one very pathetic little philodendron this is alive. After a fashion and, I can successfully keep a limited range of outdoor plants, like pansies, petunias and portulaca alive, as well. I am wholly unsuccessful at nurturing any other kind of plants and if I had to live on the produce I grew, I would have withered up and blown away long, long ago. 

To illustrate the severity of my black thumb,  the last time I went into a nursery, all of the plants were passing around a flyer with my photo on it and the words "Do Not Let This Woman Buy You! You Will Die!" printed on it in three inch tall bold font. 

 4. Let’s just say you were a tattoo junkie and you were planning your next tat and it had to be words only. What words would you choose? A quote? Phrase? One word? Would you do it in English or a different language?

This is a good question and one for which I simply do not have an answer at this time. 

   5. Repeat question: Summarize your week.

Busy. A couple of good days followed by a lot of ill advised munching and self hatred and all that fun shit. I did hold steady weight wise. And I am working on getting my mojo back. I am having a good day, today and for that I am grateful. I have gained back a total of thirty pounds since I reached my low weight of 282. And it pisses me off that I have to re lose lost weight. I feel strongly that that is fucked up in the extreme. But I am not quitting. Right now, I am just taking it hour by hour, going back to the fundamentals, even taking it minute by minute. 

The old Ball and Chain is on vacation until next Monday. Nine. Days. Of. Togetherness. Good times.

Beauty dot com is running a 20% Friends and Family sale through tomorrow and I splurged and treated myself to an Urban Decay Naked Palette. I can't wait to get it and play with it. I have been wanting that palette for a long time. And now, it will be mine. :D

Warm, the days are. Mid to upper eighties. We are expecting to hit ninety, this coming week. As long as it is breezy and cools down nicely at night, I don't mind it getting hot during the day. And we have air so it isn't as if we are suffering. 

I need to do my roots, soon. I think I am going to pop into a local salon that specializes in colour and see what it would cost me to have them paint the dye on my roots, for me. I love my hair colour and I am willing to do the work to have it but I dislike doing my roots, as it is difficult, with all of my hair to get the dye painted precisely on my regrowth, only. Especially in the back. Gah! It would be worth it to pay someone to do it for me. I can wait another couple of weeks, unless my hair gallops. So far, my roots are hidden by my hair's natural body and springyness. 

I really want to go house hunting. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cna't even open my bedroom window to enjoy the cool night air because my neighbour is out there smoking at all hours and polluting my sleep air with his noxious, choking smoke. I have had it. And I want out of here. 

There was something else I wanted to say but of course, idiot that I am, it slipped the surly bonds of my brain and flew into space. I'll probably recall it. 

When I an frakking ninety. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D