Friday, May 21, 2010

BYOC Bring Your Own Craziness

Okay, Draz, you finally sucked me in and I am ready to play. :D

1) If you had three wishes, what would they be and why?

I wish I could go back and tell my younger self that it is okay not to stay imprisoned by past experiences. It is perfectly acceptable to allow myself to heal, put it behind me and move on.

I wish I had been a better mother. I love my son and was the best mother I was capable of being. But in all honesty, I could have done better.

I wish I didn't have to run to the bathroom so frakkin much when I drink so much water, coffee and Crystal Light. Going to the bathroom is a huge waste of time and I get really impatient with my constantly full bladder.

2) If you had all the money in the world and perfect circumstances how many children would you have and what sex?

In all honesty... None. I have never felt the drive to have children. I am not a particularly maternal person. I like children well enough, in small doses and with the clear understanding that as soon as they poop, get jacked up on sugar or start crying, they go back to their parents.

Please don't misunderstand me. I love my son and I have never, for a moment regretted having him and raising him and sharing my life with him. He is my greatest joy. But, if I hadn't had him, I would have been just as fulfilled, just as content and not feeling any need to procreate.

3) Have you ever faked it?

Oh, hell no!

4) What movie character do you think you look like?

Godzilla.

5) Which blog or blog comment spoke to you this week and why?

A couple of blogs, actually. Well... Several. For very different reasons. Two because I feel as if the authors have crawled under my skin and "get" me. And one because I was so deeply touched by the raw honesty and plea for understanding. The latter one moved me to tears over the last few days and left me unable to form an intelligent comment, no longer how long I sat, staring at my cursor blinking in the comment box. I had to content myself with sending her silent, but very heart felt support. (Yes, I can sometimes be the biggest idiot on the planet. lol)

So there you have it. My Friday craziness.

6 comments:

  1. I've never been a mother, never really wanted to. I like kids for short periods of time, like Sunday School on Sunday mornings. But 24/7? I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was pretty cool. I liked it, very telling about you.
    and the people who wished they and been better parents or even thought about it, are usually pretty good parents. It's the ones that never worry or wonder that I wonder about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Draz? What is Draz? I always love when someone tells more about themselves! Especially when I know you a bit already; a deeper level of knowledge! Thanks, darlin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, Daaz is Drazil from Me, Drazil and Sheniqua. You can find her blog in my blogroll. :D

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D