Thursday, February 17, 2011

And... Breathe!

 Thank you for your comments, encouragement and understanding. I really felt the love and the care and it meant so much to me. I wanted to weep, reading your words. Thank you for giving them to me. I needed them so much. ***hugs all around!***

That walk was just what I needed. A fast, hard two miles on the trails out at the lake. Sometimes, I just need to expel some energy, get out, beat my bod up a little. Let my mind drift and breathe the fresh, crisp air and walk against the wind. I feel a little better. Clearer. And the extra exercise felt good, too. :D

It was chilly out there, today. I though it was a little warmer than it was. By the time we got out there, the sun was setting and the wind had freshened. The temps were in the forties, the wind made it feel colder. I swiftly regretted my short sleeved top. lol My poor forearms were cold and covered with goosebumps, my hands were red and cold. If we go tomorrow, and I hope we do, I will be sure to wear long sleeves and gloves. :D But I didn't let that deter me. I just walked and stomped and huffed and puffed and blew my mental house down.
 
 On the way back, we were nearing the turn to go up to the car and the Western horizon was so beautiful. The sun had set behind what passes for mountains around here and the wisps of mares' tails were crisp white, molten silver and shades of pink, lavender and slate blue. Jet contrails were brilliant silver slashes across the faded, pale blue sky. The hills were purple, mauve and grey. The water in the lake was deep silver grey and ruffled by the wind. The surface covered with ducks, riding the tiny swells, paddling madly and bobbing their little heads below the surface, looking for their dinner.

I was so happy to get in the car! Boy was I cold. Between being too lightly dressed and sweaty, I was more than ready to get out of that wind. I slarked down my entire Sub Zero bottle (one quart, if I remember correctly) of water on the way home. When I got home, I get right into a hot shower. Boy, did it feel good. :D All warm and happy, I finished making dinner and enjoyed baked chicken, green beans and a light cauliflower cheese kind of dish inspired by a recipe I read on Lyn's blog. Nom, nom, nom. I need to further refine the cauliflower cheese recipe, but I think that with a little tweakage, I have hit on a winner. I'll post it, when I get it just right. It is surprisingly yummy, rich and low in calories. Total win. :D

I think I am going to sleep well, tonight. lol Two workouts have about done me in. But in a good way. I need to do this more often. :D

Okay, I am going to read new blog posts. I'll yap at you all, soon.

4 comments:

  1. What beauty you see and are able to communicate to us. You have a gift, my friend. I wish you would try to make a living at writing. Have you thought about writing romance for magazines? You'd be perfect!! You have hopes and dreams, and can write "girl" stuff, plus great descriptive powers. After stories, you can go for novels. Don't laugh at me--I mean it. Mysteries, then.

    I'm glad it was a good day for you. You deserve many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL; I know what you mean. The once or twice I slept until 7:30 I felt like my whole day was off. I think having two good bouts of exercise yesterday does make up for the little step off the path too. I know you are made of strong stuff and you will indeed get to where you want to go. Your end of the day walk and shower and healthy dinner sound so fabulous that I am in envy. I wish something would break through the fibro for me. Now that I am working, I force myself through the days and then when I get home I'm no better than a wet sloggy soggy mop. Useless. And there is so much I want to do. I think I'd love to be able to walk near that lake. Still a tad cool here, though we did hit 58 yesterday. Looks like the cold will return soon though. Maybe not as cold, but close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound so much better and happier, Erika. You are back on your feet as I knew you would be. Keep up the hard work because we all know it will be worth it in the end. Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about feeling blog love - this week I was emotional writing and then reading comments. It truly is something - this blogging.

    YAY for you on the walk. You sound refreshed!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D