Monday, December 13, 2010

Water, Water Everywhere

I am up to closing in on a gallon of water and a glass of Crystal Light. Food is going well, too.

It was a sunny, warm day. It got up into the low seventies. I can't believe this weather. It is weird, for this part of the state, this time of year. I am worried that it is going to be eighty degrees on Christmas. lol A white Christmas would have been lovely. We haven't had one. All the years we lived down in Peeples Valley it would snow up here on Christmas Eve, it was gorgeous. We move up here and... Nothing. It is usually sunny, dry and blah.

The weather gods hate me. That is all there is to it. lol

I had lots of fun doing housework. Dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and so on. Oh, my pants are about to fall off.. I guess it is time to retire these old things, once and for all before I end up standing in the middle of my living room with my pants around my ankles.

I think I will call that an NSV.

All this water is making my body happier. I am not puffy and I never feel thirsty. And, the constant runs to the bathroom have slowed a little. I think I am adjusting to my increased fluid intake. And my lower calorie intake. I am trying to prevent myself from sliding back up, up, up. Letting myself get away with 1600, then 1700, higher... And justifying it and telling myself it is okay, just that once. Uh... No. It isn't. It isn't okay to allow myself to get out of control and eat too much. Not now. Not ever. I have to make this not only my way, now but my way, always. I have to make it a way of life, not "just losing weight".

When I do get to goal I will have to accept that it will be a lifetime job to stay on top of my eating and stay in maintenance. I will never be able to let this go.  I will never be "done". This is for the rest of my life. So I might as well get used to it.

Quiet, right now. Pookey is at work until midnight and Willy Dog hasn't got home, yet. I love the rare quiet evenings like this, with the house quiet, the Christmas lights on and the animals sleeping peacefully. It probably not last long. I am just enjoying it, for now.

My head is ramping up for a gale force blow. I went almost a week without a full on headbanger. I think that was my Christmas present. lol

Okay, time to hit the head then I am going to strap on the old feed bag. I wants me some dinner.

4 comments:

  1. You're so right about water and right about that it's never over. Sometimes that is daunting but other times it's consistent right? White Cmas? Oh Lordy - we got a foot here! Blizzard city...cold but sure is pretty if you don't have to drive in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about that today - that even when I reach goal that there is no end date on this. The things I used to do I no longer can do. There are things that I don't every think I will have the discipline to control.

    The water though? Is amazing. It makes you feel lighter and more energetic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the water intake!! Just don't float away on us!!

    Enjoy your quiet evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job on the water intake. I'm really proud of you, I know it wasn't easy to get it where it needs to be. I hope that it helps decrease the intensity and frequency of your migraines as well. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D