Saturday, August 14, 2010

Have You Ever Grilled a Peach?

If not, dude! You absolutely must. (That is... If you like peaches...) I was grilling my chicken and Summer squash for dinner and wishing I had some pineapple to grill for dessert when I remembered I had some peaches ripening in a paper bag on my counter. I cut one in half, removed the pit and sprayed it cut side and back with a little Pam and put it on my grill, cut side down. I let it cook for a while, then turned it and then flipped it, again until it was cooked through, soft bt not mushy. I put it on a plate, spritzed it lightly with a little buttery spray and sprinkled it with a little Splenda and let it sit until I was finished with dinner. Oh. My. Stars. It was sublime. Sweet but not sickeningly so. Soft and slightly gooey with a delightful natural syrupy juice.

Yes, I will grill just about anything. lol

I thought I had other stuff to talk about but apparently my brain has drained like the Tempe Town Lake.

Husband found The Hangover. Funny movie. But I don't really need to see it over and over.

6 comments:

  1. Most Fruits grilled are yummy. I haven't tried peach but I will defiantly try it now. :D Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm.... You make it sound SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of the days when your husband was stuck on watching...was it F Troop?...over and over again...every last episode?! LOL That peach sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds amazing!! I'm blown with how much you can do with fruit. My fried made a chilled soup with watermelon, peaches and garnished with fresh mint. I could've snorted it! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never have thought of grilling a peach. It sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man I wish I liked healthy food more - but peaches are a no go for me...but you made it sound delish!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D