Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Think That My Lungs Are Full of Gnats

Blech! Yuk! Cough! Gag!

We went to walk and it was nice, for the first three quarters of the walk. Warm but not hot, humidity rapidly going down, a slight breeze and cool spots here and there. We planned to walk two miles of Normal Trail then do an additional half mile up plus back on Kickass for a total of three.

You know what they say about the best laid plans...

As we rounded the corner at Big Rocks about a quarter of a mile from the Jeep, we neared the lakeside and all of a sudden, the air was thick with gnats. Everywhere. Clouds of the nasty little bastards. It was disgusting. We were breathing them in, spitting them out, the guys had them going in their eyes. My glasses saved me from that one. Horrible. Needless to say, we hustled as fast as we could to the Jeep and got the hell out of there. No way was I going to do an additional mile in gnat hell.

Ew. I knoe that I don't have any left in my throat but it still feels as if I do. By the time we got home, I was itching all over and I couldn't wait to get into the shower and scrub myself clean of the feeling of those horrible little insects. *shudder* *shudder*

Methinks that tomorrow would be a nice time to explore the trails out at Pioneer Park. I think that the lake is out until the gnats go buh-bye. I am not willing to breathe in gnats for miles at a time. Nosiree.

Ew.

Yuk.

I am still grossed out.

I hope that you weren't eating anything while reading that.

If so... I am sorry. :)

6 comments:

  1. think you need to staple mosquito netting to a hat and wear it on ;your walk.
    I think gnats have protein, if that makes you feel better? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahaha! Actually, the thought did cross my mind... :p

    We might just walk somewhere else until gnat season is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a "glass half full" sort of person. Gnats may be pesky, but look at the nice speed burst you had at the end of your walk, as you raced to the jeep! So, here's the question of the day: which is worse, drums at 8am on a Sunday morning, or gnats flying into your nose and mouth? Choices, choices ... regaining that car independence looks better and better all the time! Kudos to you on the exercise. The trail walk sounded nice, until that last little part. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are almost as annoying as flies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gross. How many calories in eleventy billion serving of gnats??

    ReplyDelete
  6. EWWWWW!!! I hate gnats. When I see a big swarm of them I go another direction, but they seem to follow me. I hate 'em I tell ya.

    I agree, maybe you should walk somewhere else. Why do those things migrate & hover like that anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D