Thursday, August 26, 2010

On the Scale

This morning was 335.2, a loss of 3.6 pounds. I'll take it. :D

I am having trouble wrapping my brain around the fact that I weight less than 350 pounds. I know on one level that I weigh 335. But I keep transposing it in my head as 352. Then I will suddenly remember and feel this little surge of delight and surprise. I suppose one day I will get past this little mental block.

I do wonder if I am this freaked over being below 350, what will happen when I get below 300? Will my brain implode? lol

It is muggy and hot, today. Clouds are building. We really need a good, wild thunderstorm. There is way too much bottled up energy in the air and it needs to release. And let's face it, we desperately need the rain. It is as dry as a tinderbox, around here.

I am hoping to get out for a nice walk, later. I need the exercise. I know that I can lose not walking much but I enjoy it and it is good for my overall condition and endurance. I am getting around so much better since I started walking. I move faster, I don't huff and puff just doing housework, making my bed or walking from the parking lot to the store. Every now and then, I come to sudden attention after whisking from one room to another and realise that just a few months ago, I couldn't move like that. Haven't moved like that in years. And I get another little shock of delight.

I want more little shocks of delight. I am quite enjoying them.

My head is raging, again today. I think part of it is tied to the difference in the pressure. I notice a slight uptick in my headaches when the weather changes. This headache has lasted nearly a week and is at present down to a Cat 3.5 from a Cat 4, yesterday. I am ready for a break and less pain, thankyouverymuch.

I am also ready for my lunch. Hungry, now. Where the heck id Husband, anyway? He is supposed to be delivering my munchies. Thursday, Subway day. Om, nom, nom, nom. :D

12 comments:

  1. Awesome loss!! Congratulations! I, too, am finding it's a little difficult to wrap my head around some of the changes that are going on....but it's so much fun when you get one of those surprise surges! Hope you do get to walk later and hope your head gets better. Enjoy the sub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, girl. What a loss! I hope your head feels better, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I totally transpose my weight numbers as well! I'm 137, but I keep tying 173 and honestly...that number seems "normal" to my head. 130's?! That's still such a daydream, it's hard to believe that I'm already here. Weird. So yeah, I think it takes a while for your brain to catch up with the progress the rest of your body is making.
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the headache!

    I have done the same thing so we are not alone on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, love that little surge of delight. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tinderbox is the right word. I remember they had a lot of forest fires in the mountains when we lived in Arizona. Hopefully you will get lots of rain and it will keep things under control. Hope you get over the headache soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeep! I loves you guys. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome for you! The walking is like therapy for me, especially now that kiddo is in school and I can go out alone and enjoy the quiet. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the loss!

    I really do understand the weird mental gymnastics. I have these flashes of "this must be a mistake" or "am I fooling myself??". It's been over 20 years since I was under 350, and it still doesn't feel real, even though I am at around 334 now. The mind is a weird place!

    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a wonderful loss! Congratulations on yet another successful week!! Keep up the good work, and you can get freaked out over being below 300 in no time ... that was so cute, but I know what you mean. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it when people basically take something out of my head and say it. I keep saying I'm at 198.8 instead of 189.9...I can't believe what I am doing is WORKING. When you are below 300 - when you are below 250 or whatever your goal may be - I hope you are still sharing your story. I can't help but think I will be just as excited as you :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D