Monday, August 23, 2010

Well, Finally

My hip felt halfway decent today and we got out to the lake and did two miles. I am keeping my distance at two miles, for the foreseeable future. It is still a respectable distance to walk, it is beneficial to me; it is helping me to shed fat and improve my overall conditioning and endurance and strength. I want to go farther. I really do. But I can only do so much, right now. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Food was good, today. Dinner was yummy. I pounded a boneless, skinless chicken breast half to make it more even thickness, seasoned it and tossed it on my grill along with some Summer squash. Yummy dinner. Mama is happy and full. Dessert was some watermelon and a fat free Fudgesicle. *burp* :D

Oh! In a comment, someone (Was it Lanie? Hope?) asked me what I am reading. I am rereading Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. I am also gobbling up Harlequin Superromances. Yeah, yeah... I know.  lol I like to have two or three books going at a time. I never get bored, that way. :D

Sheesh! My shedding is really ramping up. I am losing a lot of hair, lately. If it keeps up like this, I fear that my hair will thin. Waaahhh... I don't want my hair to thin. I know that some hair loss while losing weight is inevitable but that doesn't mean I have to like it. *stamps foot and pouts*

I received a comment suggesting intuitive eating. Actually, it sounds interesting and might be something worth taking for a test drive when I am ready to transition into maintenance but as the old saying goes, "If it isn't broken, don't fix it!" Calorie counting is working very well for me, at this time and I hate to upset my very stable apple cart, just to try something else. :)

Okay... That seems to be all I have, tonight. I leave you with a picture of a lazy, drowsy cat on the back of my sofa.



Good night. :D

4 comments:

  1. I remember Harlequin Romances! That's all I used to read! Back in the day when Janet Daily wrote with them; another favorite author of mine is Anne Mather.

    I don't blame you about not wanting to upset the apple cart - totally agree.

    By the way, please visit my site for an award :)

    Read you later, Erika!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat is so adorable!

    I'm glad you're feeling a little better and got out to move. Two miles is plenty for me at one time, I know. Any more than that and it hurts. Eventually, you could ramp up in other ways like carrying small weights or something if you really feel the need to do more.

    Keep up the good work! You're rockin it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your couch and Marley looks simply exquisite lying there. When it comes to eating, intuitive doesn't work for me. Being emotional like I am, I think that would lead me down all kinds of wrong paths. 'Course, what do I know?! LOL Whatever works for you, darlin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe me when I say that as soon as I let go of the fact that I can't walk a certain speed or distance, I've come farther in the past month than I imagined. I hope soon (very soon!) you find yourself realizing the same thing and that your hip is doing much better!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D