Saturday, September 18, 2010

How To: Make a Slideshow of Your Blog Awards or Photographs

All righty, then! I made my award slideshow and once again, Katie J. dropped me a hint and I figured it out. I want to thank everyone including Christine with her Powerpoint (which I have no clue how to use! lol) suggestions. I really appreciate your taking your time to help. <3

Okay, so you would like to make a slideshow. Trust me, this is easy. Shockingly so. If I can do this... You know the rest. lolol

Let's, for the sake of clarity and brevity and all that good gobbledygook pretend it is blog awards. (heh heh)

First thing you need to do is make a web album of the awards. I used Picasa. All of your images you upload to your Blogger blog automatically go into a Picasa album. I accessed it with my Gmail username. (I think I signed up for Picasa way back when... I must have...) I found my albums, then clicked the box above them titled Upload. It gave me the option to start a new album or add to my existing ones. I chose to make a new album. I named it, then I uploaded my award images from my computer to my new album. It allowed me to upload five at a time... I don't know how to make it do more than that at a time. So I did two batches. :D

Okay, once I had my awards in my new Picasa album, it was time to make my slideshow.

Be signed into your blog, click Design.

Click Add a Gadget.

Scroll down to and click Slideshow, a window will open. (Duh! lol)

Okay, from the top, down:

Title: Type in your title.

Source: Select Picasa Web Album.

Option: Keyword.

Keyword: Type in the album title you want to be in this slideshow. Make sure that you type it precisely as you named it in Picasa.

Options: Click to check Random Images box.

It may take a moment for your images to show up and you might see some random shit that isn't yours. But soon, you should see your images pop up and start doing their slideshow thing. The images will be a little smaller than in your album. I don't know why or how to correct that. I am happy with the size they are, right now. There probably is a way to make them a little bigger, but that is advanced stuff my 'puter skillz don't encompass at this time. lol

Oh! Don't forget to set the speed at which you want your images to change. You have three options, slow, medium and fast.

Watch your slideshow to be sure that all of your images are playing and you are happy with the speed, then click Save. Then move it to where you want it to live and enjoy. :D

I am assuming that if I receive another award, I can just remove my present slideshow, add the new award to my Picasa award album then start up a new slideshow and park it. I'll let you know if I have to do it. 

I hope that this helps and makes sense.

There is probably a way to do this with other photo hosting services, there are other options in the set up box, but my experience was with Picasa. If you want to use a different one, you will need to play with it and make it work.

Okay, so, go make a slideshow.

Go on.

Get to it! :D

1 comment:

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D