Friday, June 25, 2010

Okay. Now I'm Pissed!





What. The. FUCK???

Please, God. Tell me this is fluid retention.

Because I don't understand how I can gain .2 pound in a week while staying perfectly within my calorie range, staying hydrated and exercising.

This has to be fluid retention. There is no other explanation.

Arrrrrgh! Why does my scale play this crazy game with me? A great weigh in one week, absolute devastation, the next. It is enough to make me want to throw the damned thing against a wall.

I am not going to let this get me down. I know that it is fluid retention and that I am doing all the right things. ***Except maybe eating a bit too much salt? *** That is probably what it is. I had a handful of pistachios in the shells yesterday and I used a good bit of salt at dinner... Me and my salt thing. Time to dial it back, methinks. 

Okay, Erika. Shake it off. Move on. This isn't the end of the world. Next Friday, the number should plunge.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, shake it off!!! That's just the way it is sometimes....don't let it get you down. You are doing fabulous!! Lay off the salt and drink lots of water, that's the key in this hot, humid weather! (I live in Georgia, and the summer weather sucks...big time!). Keep on doing what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's the salt, along with the heat of summer. Don't add salt to anything. Wipe it off your nuts or crackers with a paper towel. Yes, I'm serious. And those packaged meals? Watch the sodium in them.

    I am sensitive to salt, and I hate this. It is worse in hot weather, I promise. Just try to cut back and keep drinking the water, to wash it out of your body.

    Good job on your eating and moving your body, though. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, gals. I am in agreement. Time to lower the sodium intake. *sob* lol

    I didn't even think of how much sodium is in those danged dinners. I think I need to check more than just the calories on the label. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the ONLY bad thing about the pre-packaged meals - HIGH sodium. But man they are good and convenient huh? Ugh....back to the drawing board my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will plunge. I noticed that about frozen meals too, that they can be really high in sodium. I have had to very, very sadly give up my ramen packs in order to lose weight! Sigh...salt is so delicious but I hate paying for it on the scale!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog from another one I love. Hang in there. THere are always going to be those times where you do everything right and everything wrong happens on the scale!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D