Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tomorrow

Is weigh in day for the Summer Challenge. Don't forget, you Challengers. I have my scale and camera ready to hit it, first thing in the morning.

Sometimes I have the "Why Me?" mentality. Why am I fat? Why was I born, conditioned, whatever to be this way? Why couldn't I have been wired to be "normal"? Why do I have to suffer with this? What did I do to deserve this?

Silly, I suppose. I don't think I did anything to deserve obesity. I think I have a genetic predisposition along with early conditioning and my own disordered thinking about life and how I cope with it to thank for my obesity.

So, now I am trying to change that thinking. Let go of the "Why Me?" and embrace "Not Me". I don't have to be a victim of my genetics or my past or my early conditioning. I can choose to move in a different direction and take control.

5 comments:

  1. "I think I have a genetic predisposition along with early conditioning and my own disordered thinking about life and how I cope with it to thank for my obesity."

    I am SO stealing this. YOINK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely powerful insights this day, my friend. I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the why me mentality - when my dad had his weight loss surgery something clicked inside me and I just realized, wait, I CAN lose weight and I'm NOT resigned to a life of being fat! I love the realization, love the responsibility over my own health!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh silly, don't be so hard on yourself. Don't you know we were all bitchy supermodels in a past life and now we're paying for it?!?! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D