Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ow Ow Ow Ow!

Well, tonight I am hurting. lol

We went out to Willow Lake and we turned left. Yowza! That trail kicked my ass. It was easy and level and fun... For a while. Then we got a lot of uphill and downhill and repeat. A lot. lol

The last half mile I kept playing Jillian yelling, "Unless you faint, puke or die, keep walking!" over and over in my head. And I did. I made it. I dragged serious ass the last half mile. But I am glad that I did it and I do feel good. (Under the sore muscles... lol) Yes, I am sore tonight and tired out, too. I should sleep well. Especially after I take a couple of Advil PM.

I think I am going to stick to the easier trails, for a while. I need to challenge myself but I don't want to end up lying in a heap out in the middle of the Willow Lake trail system. It would be hard to move me out of there... ;) lol

Okay. I am wiped and falling asleep while typing this so I am going to sign off and hit the sack.

If the above post made any sense at all, I will be shocked.

Seriously.

I am brain dead, right now. lol

7 comments:

  1. It made tons of sense. I never wanted to before but now that I am a little lighter I really like getting outside and moving...as long as it isn't crushingly humid. :)

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you! Keep up this amazing work!! It will truly get easier too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Don't push yourself too hard too fast, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Erika! I love that feeling...it hurts, but it feels good. And I haven't felt it in awhile. So you inspire me to get on the treadmill today and do 3 miles, depending on the outside humidity. Or maybe 2 on treadmill and 1 outside. Can't let you get too far ahead of me in the exercise department!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go, Jo, go! A mile, two miles, whatever you can do is good and beneficial to health and helps burn the old fat reserves.

    Sherry, I know that it gets easier, but I am going to have to power through the adjustment period, that is for sure. :D

    First Steps, don't I know it! :D The way I see it is, challenging myself is good, pushing too hard could literally kill me right now. I don't want that... ;) lol

    Scarlett, I am not looking forward to the humidity moving in. Monsoon Season is upon us and it should be firing up, soon. Ugh! I hate humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go you are doing great. I do not know if I could push myself that hard..

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that quote from Jillian. Another one of hers or Bob's is "no one ever drowned in sweat". I have a list of all their quotes. You are doing so great. Have I mentioned how proud I am of you?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D