Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Almost Burned the Meat

I can get lost in computer land. Things I am supposed to be attending to can fall by the wayside as I escape into cyberspace. That happened today, after I started hamburger browning for husband and son's spaghetti and meat sauce meat. I was surfing blogs, oblivious to the world around me until the strong scent of very well done beef penetrated my senses and jerked me back to the present.

I went into my kitchen and lifted the lid on the pan, expecting something burned to a crisp and inedible. It was just this side of that. Salvageable and edible. Even more so after it had cooked in the sauce for a good, long while.

Luckily, (sadly???) my husband and son are accustomed to being offered interestingly cooked meals, so this sauce will not come as a shock to them. They will happily pile spaghetti on their plates and dump copious amounts of the sauce over it and eat it with gusto. And I will sigh and thank God that I (barely) dodged yet another culinary bullet.

I don't know why I don't use husband and son's names in this blog. I suppose neither would really mind and let's face it... I highly doubt many people are actually reading this dreck, so privacy isn't such a big issue. And, nowadays, if someone really wanted to find out their names, I imagine that they could.

So, perhaps I will introduce them more fully, soon.

Ta. :D

3 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention that about the privacy of blogs. I have been thinking alot lately of how while in a public forum such as blogland, we can be totally anonymous. In fact, I think I am rather anonymous in real life too! (Oh dear! Don't get me started on that one! LOLOL) Anyway, it has been so very long since I've cooked anything. I so wish I had more energy because now I am wanting spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I run across blogs that are "private". They are read by invitation only. I guess that isn't a bad thing. But it is annoying because it interrupts my flow when I am random blog surfing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is a VERY picky eater. I would probably have to eat it by myself if I got anywhere close to burning anything. But then, I don't cook much anyway. He eats those Lean Cuisine dinners (and other like them, Weight Watchers and so on.)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D