Monday, April 12, 2010

Chillin'

I have decided to take an easy day, today. I am doing minimal housework and spending a lot of time just resting this consarned hip of mine. I do have to do laundry, my hampers are full. I'll get to it...

Later. lol

I did get a couple of pieces of chicken grilled... I am planning to consume one for lunch, today. I am also making chicken for dinner. By the time this day is over I will be clucking. lol

Okay, I am mad at Quaker, right now. I love their Weight Control oatmeal in the morning. It is a no brainer... Portion controlled, easy, goes great with fruit and delicious and filling. But, I am super fussy about flavours. About the only one I really like is the cinnamon and for some stupid reason I can't figure out, they just aren't distributing whole boxes of the cinnamon. I can only find the variety packs which have a mere two cinnamon, four maple and brown sugar (ick... fake maple) and two banana bread... The single most nauseating flavour on the planet. Seriously, it is cloyingly sweet and reeks of fakealoo banana essence. It is nasty. I can't eat it on a bet. I can choke down the maple and brown sugar if I doctor it with a lot of cinnamon and fruit. I want my boxes of cinnamon oatmeal back, Quaker!

Okay, tantrum over.

We went a did a little shopping, yesterday. I was looking for a mirror for over my dresser but I didn't see anything that blew me away so my search continues. I also looked at Ross for a new purse. There were a couple of possibles but in the end, I wasn't willing to pay the prices that were being asked, even at Ross. I think that $60.00 is too high for a plastic and fabric bag in a discount store. I think I will go cruise Dillard's. They usually have nice bags marked down and I can get much higher quality for about the same amount of money. I don't mind some fabric on a bag but I don't really like plastic. I prefer leather. And I am super picky about the style and colour. (Am I beginning to show a pattern, here? lol)

I did end up going to Sally's. Picked up three new nail polishes. They have a sale going, right now, buy two, get one free. I got three delicious polishes for nine dollars and change. I also found a bottle of Sinful Colors Green Ocean (flakies!) at Walgreen's and grabbed a lip gloss there, as well.

On to Big Lots... Still no mirror. I may end up buying a large square mirror to go over my fireplace and move my antique mirror into my bedroom and put it over my dresser. The more I think about it, the more I may just do that. I think that my smaller, antique mirror would look really nice in there and a bigger, more "important" mirror will be better over my fireplace.

I forgot to say how I did yesterday, didn't I? I did fine. 1114 calories. I was actually trying to get more and that is where I ended up. Some days are so weird like that. I try and try to keep the number down and no matter what I do, end up at the high end. Then I have the occasional day like yesterday where I eat and eat and eat and... 1114 calories for the day. lol

It's sunny today and really windy and cooler. We are supposed to get rain, tonight. I like rain. As long as it doesn't snow, I'll be happy. Do not want snow.

Blah, blah, blah.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you did so well in the calories! Sounds like you had a fun shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have your tried world market? do you have a world market where your at? Maybe you could look it up on the inernet...you seem the type that would be interested in indian or eastern asian furniture. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought I'd commented on yesterday's post. In fact, I know I did! Where did it go???

    Great job on the calories, my friend. Can't wait to see your newest nail colors in action.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job with counting the calories and eating chicken...you're doing great!!!! Love the mani, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you guyzez! *heart* I appreciate your support. It lifts me up and gets me through. :D

    I'll post pics of my latest mini haul. :D

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D