Monday, April 19, 2010

Mani Fail, Moocharrific Pets and Strawberries Forever

Husband went to pick up Son from work yesterday and while there picked up a lovely large container of strawberries. Only three dollars and a ton of lovely, flavourful berries. That are already almost gone! lol We all like strawberries in this house. Yes, I am behaving... Watching my portions and counting the calories. But I am really enjoying them. :D

We got them at Fry's. If you have a Fry's or other Kroger family grocery store nearby, they probably have the same deal going. :D

Om nom nom nom. :D

My pets, both of them are consummate moochers. Marley, being a wild kitty when he first became a member of the family had no concept of what "mooch" meant.

He learned fast.

He took his big Sister's example and learned the techniques for scoring maximum goodies for minimal effort. Both of the animals will come running and park themselves in their positions when they hear any activity in the kitchen. If the can opener runs, no matter where he is in the house, Marley comes running, meowing and weaving around your ankles, convinced that there is tuna in the offing. (Sometimes there is.)

When you sit down to eat, you can look up and see a little orange head with green eyes and a large black and grey head with brown eyes in your direct eye line, looking hungry, desperate and just begging you to "Drop it! Drop it! Drop it!"

Husband came home from work during his lunch break and made himself a sandwich. I had to laugh at the site of the animals, watching him so intently, just hoping against hope to bag a goodie.


Okay... Bugs in the align feature again. Oh well.

To continue, I decided to have a little fun with the old nails, today. My For Audrey mani was getting a little careworn so I decided to do a French of sorts. I figured that since I was ready for a polish change, it was time to have a little fun.

I grabbed my French tip guide tapes and applied them on all of my nails. These tapes are great. Easy to use. But they have insane sticky and unless the polish or base is completely dry and cured, they will pull polish off your nails. As I found out one night when I tried to do a traditional French. lol


With tapes applied. :D You can see the tip wear on my thumb nail. I have to say, I am impressed with this polish. It is one of the longest lasting colours in my collection, so far. :D

After I applied the tapes, I painted on two coats of China Glaze Liquid Leather. Then I removed the tapes and applied a coat of Seche. Ruh-Roh! I made some smudges of black down in the blue fields. Not sure how I managed that trick, but I did.


Left hand. (Before clean up, of course.)


Right hand. Smudgety-smudge. I also smudged black into the blue on my right thumb. Maybe I applied Seche too soon and that cause some of it. The smudge on my ring finger was an effort to clean up a little over-paint spot. Ha! That really worked well. Not! lol

What to do about the smudges???

I know!

Decals!

Everything is better with nail art! :D



After decals and a coat of Out The Door. These decals are crap. I am convinced of it. I applied top coat and the decals on both ring fingers lifted and bubbled up and I had to smoosh them down. So they ended up wrinkled and shrunk down from their original position. Waaahhh! This shot was taken with flash.


And in natural light coming in through my window. No flash. You can really see where it is mucked up on my ring finger nail. Blech! Stupid decals, anyway. I think that they are pretty but I hate the way that they react to top coat.

A little while ago, I was peeling potatoes and kind of sliced the top coat on my left bird finger with my peeler. After I got the potatoes chopped and into a saucepan (Husband and Son are clamoring for mashed potatoes to go with their chicken for dinner, tonight) I decided that a nice coat of Seche would fix up that nail very nicely. Applied a coat and; crappity doo dah!!! The decal on my left bird finger also bubbled up. I pressed and flattened it back down and smoothed out the fingerprints so that most of the nail is glossy but the area over the decal looks a bit dull and the decal looks mooshed. And now, bits of stuff are trying to stick up on my right ring finger from that decal bubble misadventure earlier.

*sigh*

I can't decide whether or not to keep the mani for a bit and see how well it wears or just clean it off and start over. I'll leave it in place overnight. I don't feel like doing my nails under a very dim light at night. My poor old eyes have trouble doing that, any more, so I avoid it, if at all possible. lol

I need an Ott Light. Seriously. It would be lovely for doing my nails, reading and knitting.

Part of this bore-fest with pictures is by way of distraction. There is a can of fat free Pringles in the pantry that is whispering my name and mocking me.

I am resisting. tho I wonder if a good dose of Olestra couldn't hurt me, right now.

You girls probably know where I am going with this.

Yep. I'm a bit stopped up. Phillips Soft Gels are helping. But... Bleargh! I hate getting constipated. It sucks. It is uncomfortable and can be a mess, too. Yeah, you know what I am talking about. :P

Why don't you ever see a constipated man? I swear. Whenever I get plugged up and uncomfortable, I see the men in this house staying on schedule and having no problem, day in, day out. Never a problem. And I resent them and I hate them and I want to hurt them.

Bad.

But instead, I take my stupid stool softeners and glug water until I feel as if my back teeth are floating and I hope for relief.

Stupid men.

I guess I had better go in and turn on the burner under the potatoes.

It's getting hot in here. The oven is on, baking boneless, skinless chicken breasts and it is warm outside and the sun is beginning to set and it is pounding on the wall and window behind me, further warming the air in here. Time to fire up my ceiling fan. :D

Okay. Get off your lazy ass, Erika.

Dude, this entry is like really long. If you got through all of it, I salute you!


8 comments:

  1. Hmm, I can see a few tiny flaws in the nails... but they look awesome. I think you should keep them for a few days at least. :-)

    As for the men, they should all be tortured to the extent that we are by bodily functions (or lack there of)... now to find a way to do it. My BFF would suggest baking them ex-lax brownies, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahaha! Too bad Husband doesn't like brownies. *evil grin*

    I have decided to leave the mani in place until it chips. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the manicure is gorgeous, Erika. I love your take on the French manicure (colors). Do you brush on the polish from tape to tip? If you go the other other way (tip to tape) you may well end up with the bleed of colors a bit. Just a thought from an artist wannabe. You have made want fresh strawberries and we do have a Kroger's not too far away. I've decided to take the Activia challenge myself. I think the stuff does help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get over your beautiful manicures. They're just lovely. I've never manage to do a French manicure even with the kits that had the guides. Mine always look messy.

    The strawberries have me salivating, by the way. No good strawberries in my neck of the wood for another couple of months.

    The photo of the moocharrific pets and the accompanying commentary had me laughing. :)

    And stop calling yourself lazy. You might start to believe it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry, I brush polish guide to tip. Reduces bleed. Because nails aren't a perfect surface, you are going to have some bleed. It is unavoidable. But the guides reduce it substantially. :D

    Thank you, Franny. I have learned a lot by cruising polish blogs. And I now really enjoy doing my nails. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind words and I know 28 is not old. Exaggeration is my middle name. ;)

    I love your kitties!! I wish mine would sit at the dinner table with me with longing eyes. He always just does his own thing. So independent!

    By the way, what color is that on your nails? It's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never exaggerate. ;) lolol

    I am wearing two colours, currently. The blue is China Glaze For Audrey; a beautiful slightly greyed Tiffany blue. Heaven. The black is China Glaze Liquid Leather.

    He he my cat is Mr. Independent until he decides that whatever food I have should be his. Then he is all over me like a cheap suit. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nails look gorgeous. My dog hangs around the kitchen whenever I'm in there. She keeps the floor clean. She hangs around my husband when he is in there too but chances of getting anything out of him are pretty slim. I know what you're saying about being stopped up, been there done that.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D