Monday, January 10, 2011

Feeling Good

This is how Feeling Good is done. By the master. Enjoy.  :D


 


Okay, so how's everyone? All is well, here. It is a sunny day in my realm. Chilly, but thankfully the snow and ice are swiftly melting. My sidewalks where I like to walk are just about clear of ice, tho they are covered in gravel from the snowplows. Time for the city to clean them off. I need to walk, so they need to get busy.

I am nicely on track with my food and water. In fact, I am ahead on my water and need to slow down a tad, so that I don't end my day dry. I did a warm up today and did squats, lunges and upper body toning with light weights. The upper bod exercises are going to be a hit. The squats and lunges, not so much. My left knee is hamburger. Frakkity frak. Cardio and upper body exercises are going to have to do me for the foreseeable future. I need to be able to walk and to get up and down my stairs and so forth. I can't do that with a knee that is screaming at me. Some of us have physical limitations. We just have to work within them to get the results we want. I can get my results. Within my scope of ability.

I am going to pop over to the Urgent Care this evening for my followup. I am feeling a lot better. I still have some discomfort in my back, but it is nowhere near the pain and the spasms I was having. The rash is still there, but it is less tender, less painful. I still have some discomfort when I move my arm or wear a bra, but it is also receding. My nerves are firing a little funny now and again, and I am aware that it will take some time for me to recover fully. But I have turned the corner and I am getting better. Yay. :D

I have an appointment with a primary care doc on Wednesday morning. Yepper. I am finally going to get me my very own doc. I suppose it is about time. I imagine that she is going to want to turn me inside out and upside down, run a bunch of tests and poke and prod me into next week. I suppose I have it coming... Not having a primary care doc before this. Should be fun. :P

I need to go get in the shower. I have to get ready to go out and I need to warm up, too. Chilly outside, chilly in this house, too. I am trying to run the heat as little as possible, since natural gas, like electricity around here is outrageously expensive.

Okay, see you all, later.

4 comments:

  1. Erika, I hear you on the lunges. They are difficult with me with my toe as it is. I just did the best I could and that will suffice until it is healed. I also had to do the push-ups in a modified way. Not going to work being on my toes with one broken and healing. However, I did the best I could and still got in an hour and 15 minutes of decent workout time. I did better on the treadmill today. A few more days and I should be close to normal. I hear ya on the new PCP. I have had the same one for more than 20 years but there is a rumor that he is getting ready to retire. I have no idea what I will do when that happens. I was supposed to have two appointments tomorrow but they both got postponed due to the weather. I wish you luck at your appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been able to do a real lunge or squat since knee surgery last February! I, like you just do the upper body and walking.

    Can only do what we can do, right? Until hubby buys me a ranch house with the laundry on the same floor and not TWO floors away---I keep the knee work for those steps...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you are talking.
    And I'm feeling good!
    I don't know how to lunge.
    Better go find out.
    Everyone is lunging these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hate lunges! cant like em. I finally got a doctor myself, I'm a big kid now :0)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D