Thursday, January 13, 2011

You Like Me! You Really Like Me!





Thank you, everyone who decided that I deserve this lovely award. I am grateful and so touched. I am also a little... Flummoxed. Stylish? I? Not at present. :P

Maybe one day.

I have thanked the lovely ladies who gave this award to me in their comments. And I am lazy, sick and whiny so I am not going to link. *neener*

I am to share seven things about myself that I might not have, before. Hmmm... Let's see...

1. I can't stand to wear anything tight or up high around my neck. Turtlenecks freak me out, I don't even like crewnecks, I am constantly tugging at them. Choker necklaces are a no-go, don't even think about putting your fingers or hands around my neck, for any reason.

2. If I lived in a vital, urban area, I wouldn't bother to own a car. Walking and public transportation would work just fine for me. I could always rent a car for the occasions I needed one.

3. That brings me to the fact that I can't stand living in the boonies or small towns. Even Prescott is too small, "countrified" in my not so humble opinion. I am a city girl, through and through. And I would give my bottom dollar to live in a large city, again.

4. Rude behaviour is my biggest pet peeve. When did it become so terribly unfashionable to be polite and civilized, I ask you?

5. I like to iron. Set up a board, give me a good iron, plenty of water for steam, some spray starch, a pile of wrinkled garments and a TV to watch and I will have a ball.

6. I think that soup is one of the finest foods on the planet.

7. I think that the platform shoes that are oh-so-fashionable, right now are oh-so-ugly. What is so fabulous about heavy, clunky, ungainly shoes with dangerously high heels? I don't get it.

I am supposed to pas this along to fifteen people. But you are all beating me to it. So, I am going to take the easy way out, (remember, I am sick and whiny!) and give this to everyone who didn't receive it, directly. I think that you are all stylish, fabulous, gorgeous, smart, funny. And did I mention fabulous? And I am tickled to death to have the opportunity to read your blogs and get to know you.

Okay, I have to run. I need to get my husband's uniforms out of the dryer and I have to pee. Water, you know. ;)

Later, gators.

6 comments:

  1. You're allowed to be sick & whiney, lol. Hope you get better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award!

    Oh my gosh, I thought my husband was the only person who couldn't stand having their neck touched. Sometimes I'll forget and put my hand on his neck to kiss him and he immediately starts gagging! And he cannot have anything near his neck, like a sweater or comforter. Too funny!

    I can't stand ironing...not too mention, it's one of the few domestic jobs that I frankly, suck at. But, put me in front of one of my I Love Lucy dvds and I will fold clothes for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well of course we like you, goofball. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Course we lurve ya, dahling!
    Ready for your close-up?
    ;D
    Good to get to know our bloggers,
    I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am absolutely the same way about things on/near my neck. I also don't like anything covering my nose or mouth. Cloying just doesn't work for me. I am so sorry you aren't feeling well, darlin'.

    By the way, many years ago I had a best friend (5th grade, I think it was) who moved away to Prescott. I've thought of her often over the years and think I might even still have a letter from her somewhere in my saved stuff. I wonder if she is still down there (her name was Joanie...Joan, if you might know one such named lady of 51-ish age)...?

    You like to iron? Only if the mood strikes. That said, I am one awesome ironer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate turtlenecks and chokers and even crew necks too. I have to wear them sometimes because of where I live, so it's all about mind over matter.

    And platform shoes ARE ugly. They totally defeat the purpose of wearing heels. Heels are supposed to lengthen (read: slim) the leg by lowering the ball of the foot. Platforms just make you taller (and clumsier). Yuck.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D