Monday, January 17, 2011

Meezathinking I Might Just Live

Good morning, gentle readers. Today I feel as if I have finally turned the corner on this 'flu. My throat, which has been so sore for so many days is finally calmed enough that I can drink my water, again. My temperature is down and I have a tad bit more energy. The congestion is easing a little, too. I still can't walk around too much without wanting to feel as if I am going to hack up a lung, but at least I can cough without searing pain or choking.

I am drinking water at a pretty terrific rate. It feels so good to hydrate myself, again. I did the best I could with hot tea and soup but those just don't make up for the water my bod needs. Lordy, if feels good to swallow, again. lol

Food yesterday was good. Right on track at 1205. I'll be able to get my full water in, today.

It is a gorgeous day, here. It is going to be around seventy, today. I am planning chicken for dinner and since it is such a beautiful day, I might grill mine. I haven't fired up my grill in a while and I am craving grilled chicken. Yum! I think that I will have a nice, fresh salad and thaw that shrimp I have in the freezer for lunch. Time to get some serious protein in and let my bod heal and recover. I am hoping that in a week or so I will be ready to finally begin walking. If the weather stays this lovely, it will certainly be perfect for that. :D

I need to cut out coupons and I think I will do my nails, in a bit, too. I have been wearing the same polish since the eleventh. And while it still looks okay, I am getting tired of the colour and want a change. 

Okay, I am going to run along. I'll see you all, later. :)

5 comments:

  1. Erika, I'm so glad you are feeling better! You sound more like your old self and that makes me happy. I see though that you went over 1200 by 5 calories. You know about that rule, don't you? For every calorie you go over 1200 you have to do an extra push-up. LOL I'm just kidding. You are doing great sticking to the plan. I would have struggled greatly because when I'm sick there are certain comfort foods that call my name. I've been really lucky not catch anything yet this year. I better knock on some wood though. Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, for one, am soooo glad you are going to live....cuz my days are better with you in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous news! So glad you are feeling better, my friend. Your day yesterday sounded gorgeous!! We're shivering in ice here. But that's ok too; makes the world go round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness you are out of the proverbial woods!
    Better and better, eh!?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D