Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Evening

Yes, Polar's Mom, I really like my new Vortex. It is enough smart phone to get up and go and do all the things I like to do with it but it isn't too much phone that I feel stupid or as if I am not going to utilize half of the features. It is a super easy platform and once you get the rhythm of it, very easy to learn. I started off simply making a phone call, which lead to trying the Internet which led to learning to use the keyboard which led to setting up Facebook, G-Mail, my Yahoo mail and so on and on. I have downloaded apps, browsed on my blog, tho I haven't tried posting, yet. I am amazed at how fast and fun it is to learn to use. I now know how to send text messages and add contacts and take pictures. I downloaded a program to my PC so that I can move music, photos, videos  from my 'puter to my phone. No need to buy an MP3 player, now.

I am ridiculously pleased with my new toy and I am having a lot of fun with it. I am sure the novelty will wear off, eventually and it will just be there. But for now... :D I need to read up on how to uninstall an app. I installed Pandora, then got a message that it is a data hog and I don't want to pay extra to run it, so it has to go.

Other than that, not too much going on, here. Dinner is in the oven. Willy Dog is in the shower, Sabryna's bed cover is in the dryer and Pookey is downstairs in his lair, doing whatever it is Pookey does in his lair.

Yum! I can smell dinner baking. It smells good and my stomach is growling. Baked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, baked potatoes. I don't eat potatoes very often, they are now more a treat than a staple in my diet. I am going to enjoy tonight's. :D

I need to get more water and I am going to read blogs and see what everyone is up to.

Later, gators.

4 comments:

  1. Goodness, sounds like that thing will pump your gas for you-I'll pass the word along to hubs. When it can clean my toilet, then I'm in. ;-)

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love playing with new electronics. Your phone sounds like a lot of fun. I'm a Verizon customer and have been waiting for the iPhone. One more week and that baby is mine!

    Enjoy your dinner and your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a gadget person. I usually think I need the newest & greatest phone about every six months... but the one I have now I'm so in love with... the novelty hasn't worn off. I can play with it all day, lol. Thank goodness I have unlimited data on my plan or I'd be in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice score on your new toy, darlin'. That dinner sounds yummy to me. And you can have your windows open now? Oh heaven! Still pretty danged cold here for now. Course, without A/C in this house, I'm going to be bitching up a storm before much longer. I think I'd rather have winter than summer any time. (And that is even when I do have A/C!)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D