Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ravenous, Dying of Thirst and Craving My Coffee

That is how my day went. *sigh* I was NPO for that stupid hida scan and could have no food, water or coffee. My appointment was for nine, this morning. I thought I would be in, out and home, slurping my first cup of java.

Ha! That's what I get for thinking!

I get there, it took forever to get my orders because they put today's test on my last visit's account and that is, apparently a big no-no. So that had to get straightened out. Then I had to wait for a half hour to be called in to nuclear medicine. I got my little IV port and shot with the radioactive goodies, (sadly, no superpowers, waaahhh!) then into the scanner. For an hour and a half. No gallbladder. It didn't want to come out and play.

So, out of the scanner and off to the waiting room to cool my radioactive heels for an hour, then back into the scanner.

Still no gallbladder.

Out of the scanner. Out to sit and read and roast in that overheated waiting room for another hour and a half. I couldn't go home because my asshole husband had a call to go to and he got snaggy with me when I told him I wasn't done and had to go back and it was a huge dustup. Not my fucking fault, but he sure made me feel like shit for putting him through all of that waiting, back and forth and missing bits of work. I told him to go back to work and go to hell. I would just sit in the waiting room for an hour and a half, again and he didn't need to worry about it, and I would walk the fuck home, too so that he didn't have to take his precious time to come back and pick me up! And I jumped out of the car, while it was moving and stalked back to the main entrance and planted my fat ass in the waiting room and seethed. And waited. Of course, he came slithering in, manipulated me into calming down and calling him when I was done, then I snapped at him to just go back to work and leave me the hell alone. He did. I waited.

Then at 1:30 it was back into the frakking scanner. Then I was finally done and the asshole picked me up and brought me home and acted as if everything was just lovely and friendly and nothing had gone wrong.

Whatever. I can tolerate it for as long as I need to.

So, I am finally home and happily slurping coffee and water. Then, I am going to make myself a big, healthy lunch and chow down. "Cause I be hongry.

NPO sucks. Mine lasted from 8:30 last night to just a few minutes ago. The no food thing wasn't that big a deal. I can go food free for a while, if I have to. But no water? No coffee? That is just wrong. On so many levels.

I chipped a nail, dammit! Now I have to try to file it so that the chip is minimized until it grows out a bit and I can level the nail off, again. At lest it is on my right hand, so it won't interfere with my manicure photos for my nail blog. And isn't that what it is all about? lol

I had Jerkface (Willy Dog is officially Jerkface, today!) take a couple of quick pics of me, before he ran back out the door to work. My next fifty pounds down progress shots. They are in my Gallery. One, the side view is a bit out of focus but I didn't dare ask for another shot. It would have just been toooooooooooooooo  much. So, it is what it is.

Yes, in case you hadn't noticed, Jerkface is in the doghouse. And there he shall stay for a while. I am sick of his manipulative, blaming , passive aggressive bullshit. Since I have to continue to tolerate it for the foreseeable future, I reserve the right to be pissed at him and vent it here.

Okay, I want another cup of coffee and my late lunch. I'll see you all later.

Don't forget to click on my Gallery and see my progress shots. I actually see a difference, this time around. :D

I wonder if my pee is going to glow in the dark? :P


  1. sorry it's been such a crap day. Hope it gets better for you.

    Just checked out your new pics... holy cows! HUGE difference from the last ones! Way to go!

  2. (((((((Erika))))) I'm sorry it was a horrid day. I hate having to wait for testing a crap and I hate even more when I am made to feel like crap for trying to take care of myself. Enjoy your late lunch, dear. And your photos are SMOKIN'! You have done GREAT!

  3. Checked out your pictures and wow, what a change! You look fantastic! What great progress... keep it up. It alllllll pays off more than you can ever imagine...

  4. Willy Dog deserves to stay in the doghouse...like forever!

    Your pics show how hard you're working. WOW!

    I had the same trouble with the radioactive stuff when I had heart tests. It went to my liver instead of my heart. Wait, wait, wait.

  5. I love your pics. Such a great difference. Sorry about your day and hubs being a pain. They sure can pick the time.
    Keep up the great work, hope your pee doesn't glow and that all turns out good.
    Take care, rest up and have a blessed evening.

  6. OMG - you look like a whole different person. Holy shitballs. Can't wait for the next progress pics.

  7. The pics are showing a big difference. Great job! Cheers, Rick

  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

  9. I'm sorry you had such an awful day... (((huggggsssss))))

    Your transformation is absolutely amazing! You've done such a GREAT job!!

  10. Hell hath no fury like a woman with out her java.!

  11. sounds like he's sorry he is such a jerkface.
    I am glad you are able to get your coffee..I completely understand. and here is something that should make you laugh...It's about men being in the doghouse.

  12. wow! I saw your pics...you look great!

  13. Now that was just a plain old bad day. Hope today is a much better one for you, my friend.

  14. Down over 100 pounds! You should be really proud of that!
    Sorry you had a rotten day!

  15. Wow on the pics! Great work, 100 pounds gone!!! That is amazing.

    Hope your day is better today.

  16. I know that sometimes, even if our spouses are happy we are losing weight, it totally freaks them out at the same time. What if we don't love them/need them/tolerate them anymore? I wonder if that passive aggressive shit of putting doritos in the cupboard, or not bringing in the treadmill from the garage, after me asking him no less than ten times, or not reading my blog, even when i've left it up on the screen - if that's all tied into it? xo GP


Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D