Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hairy Oatmeal and a Heating Pad for a Cat

Good morning, dearlings. I hope that you all had a restful night's sleep and are facing today full of energy and optimism.

My day has started out well. A little busy but well. I am slurping my water at a great rate, have had my coffee and oatmeal. I have my second load of laundry in the washer and the house is neat and tidy.

Hairy oatmeal. Yuk. Yeah... I was eating my oats, this morning (that made me sound like a horse with her nose in a feed bucket,, hungrily chomping Omaline) and found not one, but two of my hairs in the bowl. Ick! My hair was up, so they must have fallen off my shirt. At least I knew that they were mine. :P I was a bit squicked, but not as squicked I would have been if I had not known who's head they had come from. I mean, EW! in fifty different languages.

I was getting my load of towels in the washer and I walked back through my living room to put my laundry basket in my bedroom when I looked over at my sofa and saw my cat all tucked up and happy on my heating pad. Marley has discovered the joy of a hot spot on which to curl and nap. And he isn't happy when I shag him off and put back on the back of my sofa for my back. lol

Okay, my dryer has stopped and it is time to get that load out and toss in my towels. Maybe I won't have to do laundry for a few days, now. That would be nice. :P

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could get into eating oatmeal but the texture throws me off...

    LOL re: the hair - I shed a lot too and I always freak out until I can telll a random hair is actually from my own head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate hair in my food. When it happens to me and I am OUT somewhere, I don't even know how to act. Do I quietly remove it and keep eating, do I protest and send it back and end up with shorter and curlier hairs in the second version, do I dry heave and run from the restaurant? Yukers.

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the image of the kitteh stealing your spot on the heating pad - tickles my "Awww" bone. :)

    @Polar's Mom - ew, ew, ew!!! Ick!!! *shudder* Yuckers, indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take is easy, Erika. Sounds like you are having a productive day. Yuck on the hair. Even if it is mine, I would freak out. My cats love my heating pad too. I have to hide it from them. Mostly though, I use it on my face for TMJ and they aren't inclined to climb on top of my head to get to it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D