Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day of Rest

Please, don't hate me but I need a day of rest. I got up this morning with every intention of getting out to the lake and going my two miles and my body just said,"No. Frakking. Way!" I feel beat to shit, my feet are hurting me and I am just bone tired. A part of me is relieved; I honestly believe that I need a rest day but the other part of me is telling me that I am a slacker and to get my lazy ass out there. I actually still want to go.

For once, I am listening to the first part. lol

I know that I could most likely power through this and do it but hey, even elite athletes take a rest day, now and then. Why shouldn't a fat old broad who just walks on trails? lol

Sherry, I do think that the burning is from friction. My socks are cheap and thin and my walking shoes are very old and pretty well worn out. The combination doesn't make for good support and proper fit. When I have the funds, new shoes and socks for walking are on my list, for sure. :D

I just want ot take a moment and just tell all of you how much I appreciate this community of bloggers, your insights, humour, honesty, determination, support and random natterings fill me with hope, optimism, lift me up and lend me strength when I feel as if my own has fled. Being able to read your daily thoughts and comments is a privilege that I don't take lightly.

I might be back later to yap. I might not. If not, to all my fellow American bloggerific buddies, Happy Fourth of July! Have a fantabulous holiday! Eat, (as properly as possible ;)) drink and be merry and gawp in wonder as the fireworks shoot into the dark, warm Summer night.

I love you, guys.

8 comments:

  1. Awww we love you too. Promise me one thing on this journey though? No more name calling...of yourself anymore. You deserve better than that from everyone around you and from yourself. I challenge you to a week of it - no calling yourself fat or lazy or a broad...because you are none of those. I want you to see that. Are you up for the challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. some days I take a break too, then jump back on the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take your well deserved rest day and get back out there and hit the trails again tomorrow! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we love you! Of course you deserve a day of rest. You are correct; even elite athletes need a rest day from time to time.

    I'm happy that you're listening to the voice that tells you it's okay to take a day off.

    I really hope that you're enjoying it. Hugs to you my friend, and Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have now discovered where I began spending my time for the past year or two before I left LHC. I like blogging like this best because the people who visit are people who want to be there, not those who read because I'm on their friends list! LOL In that same vein, I can still keep up with those that I thought were truly wonderful friends from LHC, such as yourself. I wish one other would blog; I miss her terribly, but just don't seem to be able to do the board thing like I used to. I think life has just gotten too chaotic for me (mentally) these past couple of years as I've gotten older and I just can't seem to wade through posts like I used to enjoy doing. Sigh...

    Anyway, 'course you deserve a break! And I'm not sure about your weather, but it was up to 96 at one point here yesterday. Way too hot to go any great distance for me. Yessirree...bring on that blessed A/C!!! Hope your piggies are feeling better today! You might try wearing two pairs of socks until you can get better shoes...It might reduce that friction a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need a rest day. My trainer makes me have one rest day every week, whether i desperately want one or not. She says you need a complete res to let your muscles recover 100% and re-energise yourself for the next week. So don't beat yourself up about it - it's a good thing!
    New socks and shoes are definitely called for! maybe use new shoes as a reward for reaching a goal. Socks are at least a bit cheaper - or else use some strapping tape on the bottom of you foot where it is rubbing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Your fourth menu sounds delicious! Thanks for visiting my blog and congrats on staying under 1500 calories on a holiday!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :D I love comments, enjoy discussion and debate. I wear my big girl panties and welcome constructive criticism. I do not accept anonymous comments. Not because I can't take the heat. I can. It is because I believe that if you are going to say it, you need to have the balls to put a name to it.

Please do not spam my comments. If you would like for me to check out your blog, if you follow me/have me on your blogroll and would like me to follow you/add you to my blogroll, please shoot me an e-mail with your blog URL. I will come visit :). Same goes if you are a company or PR. Please shoot me an e-mail. You can find my address in the contact tab at the top of my blog page. Thank you. :D